Assisted Living Care at Grand Oaks
Grand Oaks is the preferred retirement community for seniors who value their independence, yet need personal assistance with daily activities from our devoted and caring staff. All residents enjoy spacious, light-filled apartments designed to provide a tranquil and safe environment. Our assisted living community and all amenities provided are located on the Sibley Memorial Hospital campus and are accessible without ever stepping foot outside.
Personalized Assisted Living Care
Our dedicated and caring staff of nurses provides each resident with a personalized care plan to ensure all of their needs are met. Our personalized assisted living care includes:
- 24-hour nursing care.
- Access to the on-site Johns Hopkins Wellness Program.
- Respectful hands-on assistance with daily activities like housekeeping, laundry, transportation, bathing and dressing along with continence care.
- Direct access to Sibley Memorial Hospital’s emergency, aquatic, and restorative care services and Legacy Therapy rehabilitation services.
To create a nurturing and peaceful environment, each assisted living apartment is designed for comfort and safety. The ability to decorate it like your own gives you a familiar, home-like atmosphere. Our residence also includes:
- Access to secure and peaceful open-air courtyards for resting and strolling.
- Spacious living rooms and common area activity rooms for socialization and relaxation.
- Large, light-filled rooms with beautiful views of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Safety features in each room to alert for immediate help.
Assisted Living Activities
To keep the mind and body healthy, we offer a wide range of daily, weekly, and monthly activities designed to meet your physical, social, spiritual, and intellectual needs. Our unique activity programs take full advantage of the cultural offerings in our nation’s capital. Activities include:
- Daily and weekly activities such as aquatic exercise, walking, live entertainment, gardening, weekly socials, and more.
- Monthly activities such as book clubs, health lectures, concert and theater outings, art therapy, and more.