Memory Care at the Oasis Neighborhood of Grand Oaks
When you or your loved one lives with Alzheimer’s Disease or other memory-related disorders, you deserve a residence that specializes in memory care. Come home to the Oasis Neighborhood at Grand Oaks, where our experienced staff provides attentive support grounded in respect and compassion.
We’re located on the campus of Sibley Memorial Hospital in Northwest D.C., with a nurturing and peaceful environment that helps to calm residents and give family members peace of mind, knowing their loved ones are safe and receiving the memory care they deserve.
Personalized Memory Care
Each resident’s needs, routine, and personal preferences are unique, and so is the memory care that our specialized care team provides them. You can expect:
- A full staff of nurses available 24 hours a day offering responsive support.
- Medication monitoring, management, and administration.
- Staff that closely monitors behavior, mood, routine, and cognitive abilities to gain a complete understanding of your loved one’s current state of health.
- Respectful hands-on assistance with daily activities like eating, incontinence care, bathing, laundry, transportation, and dressing.
- Large, bright private suites designed for comfort, safety, and the calming feeling of being at home.
- Prompt and gentle reminders for your loved one’s daily schedule.
- Activities designed to support and maintain brain fitness for overall cognitive health.
The Comforts of Home
Familiar settings that feel like home provide a calming atmosphere to help improve memory care and recall. Your loved one’s private suite lets them surround themselves with their favorite art, photos, and belongings as they enjoy abundant natural light and a beautiful view of the neighborhood. Housekeeping and laundry services keep their everyday focus on enjoying life.
Our open-air courtyards are secure and perfect for getting some fresh air and social time with other residents. Your loved one can also take part in life-enriching activities that reflect their interests, meet their wellness goals, and fulfill their emotional and spiritual needs.
Safety is a top priority for anyone living with Alzheimer’s or a memory-related disorder, so we’ve designed the Oasis Neighborhood to respect your loved one’s freedom while ensuring their security. Our entire residence is self-contained, with 24/7 security and monitoring. Amenities are designed for ease of use, and your loved one can move freely throughout the neighborhood knowing someone’s always at hand to help.
2020 Silver National Quality Award Winner
We're honored to be recognized for our commitment to improving the lives of residents like you!
"The staff here at Grand Oaks treats you really quite well and I have nothing but good things to say them."