Memory Care of The Oasis Neighborhood of Grand Oaks
The Oasis Neighborhood of Grand Oaks is located on the campus of Sibley Memorial Hospital in Northwest Washington, D.C. We provide a comfortable, home-like setting for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related disorders. Our nurturing and peaceful environment helps to calm residents and give family members peace of mind knowing their loved ones are safe.
Personalized Memory Care
A full staff of nurses is available 24-hours a day to all residents. Our specialized care team maintains attentive relationships with all residents and bases care off of each resident’s routine and personal preferences. Our personalized memory care includes:
- Medication monitoring, management, and administration.
- Closely monitoring behavior, mood, routine, and cognitive abilities to gain a complete understanding of their current state of health.
- Respectful hands-on assistance with daily activities like eating, incontinence care, bathing, laundry, transportation, and dressing.
To create a nurturing and peaceful environment, each private suite is designed for comfort and safety. The familiar, home-like setting provides a calming atmosphere for residents to help improve memory recall. All suites include:
- Access to secure and peaceful open-air courtyards for resting and strolling.
- Spacious living rooms and activity rooms for socialization and relaxation.
- Large, light-filled rooms with beautiful views of the surrounding neighborhood.
Activities and Amenities
Our assisted living community offers a mix of activities and amenities aimed at stimulating the mind and the body on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Our goals are to improve the quality of life and bring residents together to form lasting friendships between residents and staff members. Activities and amenities include:
- Residents enjoy nutritious meals prepared by our executive chef.
- We offer life-enriching activities that reflect our residents’ interests, meet their wellness goals and fulfill their emotional and spiritual needs.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services are provided.
Meeting the unique safety needs of our residents is as important as making them feel at home. The entire residence is self-contained. Amenities are designed for ease of use and residents have the freedom to move safely and securely throughout the neighborhood. Safety features include:
- Monitored medication administration.
- Prompt and gentle reminders for all types of daily activities.
- Responsive care for our nursing team.
2018 Bronze National Quality Award Winner
Our commitment to improving the lives of all residents gave us the opportunity to be honored with this wonderful award.
"The staff here at Grand Oaks treats you really quite well and I have nothing but good things to say them."