Memory Care of The Oasis Neighborhood of Grand Oaks
The Oasis Neighborhood of Grand Oaks is located on the campus of Sibley Memorial Hospital in Northwest Washington, D.C. We provide a comfortable, home-like setting for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory-related disorders. Our nurturing and peaceful environment helps to calm residents and give family members peace of mind knowing their loved ones are safe.
Personalized Memory Care
A full staff of nurses is available 24-hours a day to all residents. Our specialized care team maintains attentive relationships with all residents and bases care off of each resident’s routine and personal preferences. Our personalized memory care includes:
- Medication monitoring, management, and administration.
- Closely monitoring behavior, mood, routine, and cognitive abilities to gain a complete understanding of their current state of health.
- Respectful hands-on assistance with daily activities like eating, incontinence care, bathing, laundry, transportation, and dressing.
To create a nurturing and peaceful environment, each private suite is designed for comfort and safety. The familiar, home-like setting provides a calming atmosphere for residents to help improve memory recall. All suites include:
- Access to secure and peaceful open-air courtyards for resting and strolling.
- Spacious living rooms and activity rooms for socialization and relaxation.
- Large, light-filled rooms with beautiful views of the surrounding neighborhood.
Activities and Amenities
Our assisted living community offers a mix of activities and amenities aimed at stimulating the mind and the body on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Our goals are to improve the quality of life and bring residents together to form lasting friendships between residents and staff members. Activities and amenities include:
- Residents enjoy nutritious meals prepared by our executive chef.
- We offer life-enriching activities that reflect our residents’ interests, meet their wellness goals and fulfill their emotional and spiritual needs.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services are provided.
Meeting the unique safety needs of our residents is as important as making them feel at home. The entire residence is self-contained. Amenities are designed for ease of use and residents have the freedom to move safely and securely throughout the neighborhood. Safety features include:
- Monitored medication administration.
- Prompt and gentle reminders for all types of daily activities.
- Responsive care for our nursing team.
"The staff here at Grand Oaks treats you really quite well and I have nothing but good things to say them."Jim Peters
"I love the activities here at Grand Oaks. I’ve enjoyed a lot of the activities that I had never experienced before."Mildred Miller