Respite Care at Grand Oaks
Our respite care program caters to your transitional care needs while recovering from medical procedures, injuries, or other health-related issues. Our comforting and caring staff will ensure that your stay at Grand Oaks will aid in your rehabilitation and provide you with a peaceful setting for recovery. Our respite care program ranges between 30-60 days and offers access to several of the amenities provided to our permanent residents.
Personalized Respite Care
Our staff of caring and trained nurses provide personalized care to ensure that all residents in the respite care program enjoy a relaxing stay while recovering. Our respite care program includes:
- 24-hour nursing care.
- Access to the on-site Johns Hopkins Wellness Program.
- Assistance with daily activities such as housekeeping, bathing, dressing, laundry, and transportation.
- Access to a full-service beauty salon, business center, chapel, and warm-water pool at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
To create a nurturing and peaceful environment, each apartment is designed for comfort and safety. The ability to decorate the apartment like your own gives you a familiar, home-like atmosphere. All apartments include:
- Access to secure and peaceful open-air courtyards for resting and strolling.
- Spacious living rooms and activity rooms for socialization and relaxation.
- Large, light-filled rooms with beautiful views of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Safety features in each room to alert for immediate help.
To keep the mind and body healthy, we offer a wide range of daily, weekly, and monthly activities that take advantage of the cultural offerings in our nation’s capital. All activity programs are designed to meet your physical, social, spiritual, and intellectual needs. Our unique activity programs include:
- Daily and weekly activities such as aquatic exercise, walking, live entertainment, gardening, weekly socials, and more.
- Monthly activities such as book clubs, health lectures, concert and theater outings, art therapy, and more.
2018 Bronze National Quality Award Winner
Our commitment to improving the lives of all residents gave us the opportunity to be honored with this wonderful award.
"It’s the little things that really go a long way for me, and I make sure to tell everyone that the care I receive here is excellent."Patricia Wertman