4 Min Read
10 Benefits of Our Johns Hopkins Medicine and Sibley Memorial Hospital Connections
On the campus of Sibley Memorial Hospital, Grand Oaks offers seniors the comfort and amenities of a gracious assisted living home with around-the-clock personal assistance plus a full range of services and activities. Here, residents continue an independent, active lifestyle with a supportive staff available for assistance at any time of the day or night.
Grand Oaks is owned by Johns Hopkins Medicine and affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital. If you’re a senior or a caregiver of a senior in need of assisted living care, here are 10 ways these affiliations benefit you and your family.
1. Companionship. Convenience. With direct access to Johns Hopkins Medicine and Sibley Memorial Hospital, Grand Oaks exceeds the expectations for aging well. While our community provides the most nurturing environment, one that feels like home, our affiliations offer you or and your loved ones the convenience of award-winning, renowned medical care close to home.
2. Our prime location on the Sibley campus is one of the best features of Grand Oaks. We’re close to Georgetown, Bethesda, and just minutes from the Potomac River in Maryland. Sibley’s proximity gives our residents the freedom to live their lives to the fullest, knowing that a full staff of specialists is available, just around the corner, if or when they need them.
3. Grand Oaks is backed by the expertise of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Residents have access to an on-site wellness program staffed by Johns Hopkins physicians who are subspecialty-trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, as well as aging and geriatric frailty. Residents benefit from an on-site nurse practitioner and a geriatrician and geriatric psychiatrist who visit on-site weekly.
4. Our residents aren’t the only ones who benefit from the expertise of Johns Hopkins. Our staff is trained to meet your unique health needs and concerns. This training focuses on teaching awareness of the aging process. We empower all staff to provide educated and well-informed patient care and interventions to you or your loved one and uphold Grand Oaks’ mission of “delivering excellence and compassionate care, every resident, every time.”
5. We’re proud to offer consultative services by Johns Hopkins physicians subspecialty-trained in Alzheimer’s, memory care, and aging and frailty. Curious what this means to you or your loved one? Our community physicians and nurse practitioners partner with your primary care physicians to complement the care you’re already receiving and offer thorough, comprehensive attention to your unique medical needs.
6. Our goal is to incorporate evidence-based practices to enhance your quality of life. At Grand Oaks, residents have access to the on-site Johns Hopkins Wellness Programs. These programs are integrated into everything from fitness, lifestyle, spiritual, and nutritional interventions.
7. Residents benefit from direct access to Sibley Memorial Hospital’s emergency, rehabilitative, aquatic, and restorative care services; special Alzheimer’s/dementia care neighborhood; medical director oversight; on-site physician services; and therapy services including physical, occupational, and speech.
8. Like Johns Hopkins, Grand Oaks believes in assisted living care that addresses the mind, body, and spirit. The Hopkins’ “aging well” model of care targets residents’ physical, mental, and overall well-being. Collaboratively, we’re focused on each resident’s wellness, prevention, assessment, and treatment through three key components: clinical care, staff education, and wellness and prevention programs.
9. The Sibley Senior Association is a wellness program that focuses on maintaining good health for seniors age 50 and older. With several types of amenities, a large network of more than 7,000 members, and affordable rates, the Sibley Senior Association is an excellent resource to help you or your loved one maintain a high quality of life. As a member, you or your loved one will also enjoy exclusive discounts at the Sibley gift shop, spa services, and more!
10. With the Sibley assurance of quality and the care of the Johns Hopkins Medicine network, Grand Oaks provides our residents and their families the greatest luxury of all: peace of mind. You’ll rest easy knowing you or your loved one is receiving the latest innovations and evidence-based practices in assisted living care, delivered with kindness and compassion.