7 Min Read
10 Ways the Grand Oaks Team Improves the Lives of Residents
The Grand Oaks experience is second to none. Located on the campus of Sibley Memorial Hospital, the Grand Oaks team offers residents fun daily activities and top-quality senior living care. Our award-winning staff are devoted and caring, focusing on building relationships every day. The result is satisfied residents who are happy, healthy, and thriving.
Here are 10 ways the Grand Oaks team’s compassionate care and expertise will improve your life or the life of your senior loved one.
- We make sure their basic needs are always met. Housekeeping, laundry, bathing, dressing, continence care—whatever our residents need, we are here to help, respectfully.
- We keep them safe. Residents and their families find comfort in the safety features in every room including call for help, security, and monitoring.
- We make the transition smooth and easy. From the moment you or your loved one tours Grand Oaks, we are here to set you up for success. Many of our residents have raved about how easy and positive their move to our assisted living community was. Here’s what they have to say.
- We care about family and caregivers. We want you to always feel connected to your loved one, even when you can’t be here on site. We send daily update emails with news about Grand Oaks happenings, have resources on our website for families and caregivers, do everything we can to make safe visits possible throughout the pandemic, and more.
- We help them remain independent. We want our residents to feel empowered. Our senior living care maximizes dignity, privacy, freedom of choice, and independence. It’s our goal to support and help all residents maintain quality of life.
- We stay on top of their health and wellness. With direct access to Sibley Memorial Hospital, quality healthcare is accessible without ever stepping foot outside. We offer post short-term surgery and recovery care stays, and we have a nurse practitioner on staff who promotes aging in place.
- We connect them with the latest and greatest. There are plenty of resources for seniors with access to the latest health, wellness, and prevention programs through our partnership with Johns Hopkins Medicine. We value this partnership, and our residents reap the rewards.
- We help them live an active, fulfilling lifestyle. Socialization among seniors keeps the mind sharp while also decreasing the risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Our activities director leads fun activities on campus that allow residents to mingle and stay active (you can check out a few—like our Mother’s Day celebration or music and ice cream get-together—on our Facebook page). Common areas like our courtyard are always lively and engaging, too.
- We respect their wishes. We understand each resident has unique needs, so our aging well model takes this into account, focusing on their psychological and social well-being.
- We’re always there—literally and figuratively. We offer 24/7 nursing support, so someone is always here to meet our residents’ health needs. Our team is also here, emotionally. Our staff and residents are like family. We are here when they need a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and a friendly face. We truly care.